Networking event at the first Ja Ja Ja Club Night in Vienna
The 30th of January JA JA JA VIENNA will host a networking event before the All-Nordic line-up takes the stage at the 700-cap venue WUK in central Vienna.
This networking event is suited for Nordic industry people, who wish to strengthen their network with Austrian festivals like Waves Vienna, get connected with local promoters and agents and gain knowledge about the Austrian media-landscape. Furthermore this networking event will illustrate the link between Austria and its neighbouring markets to the east.
The schedule is as following:
- 15.30: “Meet & Greet” with the Austrian and Nordic industry people.
- An introduction to the Austrian market and its role as entrance to the surrounding markets in Eastern Europe – with Hannes Tschürtz from Ink Music and key players from the Austrian market.
- 17.30: Break and optional dinner.
- 18.30: Networking reception at WUK with 30+ industry people from Austria and surrounding territories.
- 19.30: Music starts – Sea Change (N), Elliphant (SE), Noah Kin (FIN), Sekuoia (DK)
Furthermore the JA JA JA team can make recommendations and help set up individual meetings between the Nordic and Austrian companies.
Who can you meet?
This is the first JA JA JA show in Vienna. It is replacing SPOT on Denmark, which MXD – Music Export Denmark and ROSA – The Danish Rock Council had run for the 5 previous years in collaboration with the local production promoter, ink music. See below some of the companies who attended the previous years. We expect that a lot/most of these companies will attend:
Austrian Promoters & Festivals
- Skalar Music (Promoter of some of the biggest festivals in Austria: Nova Rock, Frequency Festival, Urban Art Forms, Harvest of Art Festival Wiesen)
- Arcadia Agency (Agency; Owner B72 Club; Promoter of HipHop Open)
ink music (Agency & Promoter, ”Host”)
- Miooow (Agency)
- earcandy (Agency)
- Comrades (Promoter Waves Vienna, Waves Bratislava)
- Picture On Festival
- Poolbar Festival
- Acoustic Lakeside Festival
- Ahoi! Pop / Posthof Linz
- Freakwave Festival
- Palaverama Festival
Record Companies, Distributors and others
- Sony Music Austria
- Warner Music Austria
- Siluh Records
- Seayou Records
- Noise Appeal Records
- Schoenwetter Schallplatten
- Swimming Pool Sync & Licensing
- Kronowetter PR
- Austrian Music Export, Austrian Music Fund & mica – music austria
Media participating in the networking programme
- Radio FM4
- The Gap
- at (dominant player in Austrian broadcast media)
- Noisey (Vice Music)
- Volume (Magazine)
International Promoters & Guests in past events (Spot on Denmark) included
- Electronic Beats Bratislava
- Pohoda Festival, SK
- Sziget Festival, HU
- Exit Festival, RS
- Kino Siska, SI
How to participate
To participate, contact Anders Meisner from Music Export Denmark: email@example.com
The event is free. Local hotel can be advised.
Danish music companies can apply for support (travel and hotel) to participate here: Eksportstøtte til branchefolk.